Wow, it has been an insanely long time since my last post! Let’s recap everything that’s happened since then, shall we?
- Almost immediately after my post about the Hansel & Gretel Yarn Club, I (a) found out I was pregnant again and (b) got a new job. All in the same day. It was quite the day! Noelle was born on Christmas Day and is truly a joy!
- So, it turned out that the Hansel & Gretel Yarn Club was my last hurrah as I took a year off for the baby. Pregnancy + dyeing are not a good combination for me! But I had so much fun with it that we’re starting a new yarn AND fiber club this fall as a welcome back into the folds. There are a few spots left in the “How ‘Bout Them Apples?” club (listings are up in the Etsy shop) but this weekend is your last chance to sign up! There will be lots of new stuff in this club – new bases, new products and the debut of our new logo.
- Forbidden Woolery can now be found on the Yarnover Truck! Have you heard about it? It’s all the rage in Los Angeles and we’re proud to be a part of it!
- We now carry ChiaoGoo needles! We’re a little light on inventory right now, but there are more on the way! In fact, there will be all sorts of fun accessories making their way into the Forbidden Woolery shop in the coming weeks (and yes, there will be some yarn in there too!)
- Our only event currently planned for 2012 is the Cogknitive Retreat in Tehachapi, CA in October. However, I’m trying to put together a small get-together in November. More details soon!
- We’re making BIG plans for Stitches West 2014. Our new look will extend to the booth with a new setup, all our new products will be available (more on those to come), exclusive yarns and colors just for Stitches, as well as the introduction of some new yarns that are sure to become your favorites.
I may have taken a year off from dyeing, but my brain has certainly not taken a break! I’m excited to finish 2013 strong, and for 2014 to be a banner year! I hope you’ll come along for the ride.